Sunday, May 08, 2011

Good Morning.

"The moment when you first wake up in the morning is the most wonderful of the twenty-four hours. No matter how weary or dreary you may feel, you possess the certainty that, during the day that lies before you, absolutely anything may happen. And the fact that it practically always doesn't, matters not a jot. The possibility is always there."
~Monica Baldwin



It must be said that I'm much more of a night person than a morning person. But I've always wanted to be a morning person. Certainly, I've had my moments, and getting a full 8 hours of sleep each night encourages early morning rising.

But every once in a great while, I will wake up, with no apparent wakeup call, at some early hour and be wide awake. Now, if that hour happens to be 3am, you had better believe I'm doing everything in my power to go back to sleep. But every so often I wake up about an hour or two early than the time for which my alarm is set, and I'm content to be awake.

That was this morning. Rolled over at 5:55am and was WIDE awake, and perfectly content to be so. I must admit, however, when this happens I really believe that there is some greater power wanting me to be up. You know, like there is some significant reason that I should awake, long before my alarm goes off, long before anyone will ever speak to me. You know, some profound reason.

Well this morning, I'm not certain what that profound reason is, but I've enjoyed the last hour listening to the birds chirping outside, feeling rather at peace, and daydreaming about my life. Hopefully that's what the powers that be had in mind when they woke me up.

Photo found here.
.
.
.
.

No comments: