Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I want some of these right now.

These cookies were one of the reasons I started craving peanut butter (a substance I'd previously, openly abhorred) while living in Lithuania, where peanut butter is hard to come by... as in, it didn't really exist (at that time, anyway). Something about ... absence makes the taste buds grow needy?

INGREDIENTS
1 3/4 cups white sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup butter
4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
3 cups quick-cooking oats
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

DIRECTIONS
In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, milk, butter, and cocoa. Bring to a boil, and cook for 1 1/2 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in peanut butter, oats, and vanilla. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto wax paper. Let cool until hardened.

You want them too, now. Don't you?!

5 comments:

by Kimberlee St. Clair said...

Actually....I'm going to make some now. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Thanks Em, now I'm craving them!! I'll have to make them today.... I can't resist a good craving.

Sherine said...

oh delicious.. and welcome home:)

Unknown said...

I want some too, but I can't make them or I will eat the entire batch. In one day. Its not pretty.

A Wink and a Smile said...

I made these all the time on my mission, too. We would eat the whole batch in a day. Yeah, that's probably why I gained 35 pounds on my mission.