Monday, November 30, 2009

A Turkey-less Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving Day I spent with my mom, Stephen, and their neighbor friends Diane and Larry. Since we had a small crowd, mom had asked me if I would mind if we didn't have a turkey. Not at all. I'm not married to the tradition by any means, and it seemed less work for her, so I was all in. Instead, we feasted on salad with figs and goat cheese, garlic shrimp, butternut squash ravioli, veggies, homemade rolls, and apple tart for dessert. I can't say that I didn't miss the traditional fare at all, but the change was refreshing, I must say. And the shrimp and ravioli were delicious.

I stayed the night at my mom's and Friday morning, Katie (in from Washington, D.C. -- which reminds me... I haven't blogged about my D.C. trip), Sarah, and Andrew came to visit and eat brunch. As always, it was delightful. Andrew and I played with a wooden set of Tangrams. Andrew is in 1st grade, and was pretty good at it. Very fun to see all of them.

Then the rest of the weekend was spent cleaning out my closet, weeding out clothes I don't wear to be sent to DI and reading. Oh and a 2nd Thanksgiving at Katie's mom's house tonight. All in all, a good weekend. Sorry, no pictures to prove it.

1 comment:

Tracy T. said...

Gotta love that garlic shrimp! And guess what? On Friday night we ate at Mimi's and guess what was on their menu? Butternut squash ravioli and garlic shrimp! No kidding, they came in one meal. I was really surprised since I thought thi swas my particular combo.