Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Thankful for Airplanes.

"The aeroplane has unveiled for us the true face of the earth."
~Antoine De Saint-Exupery



Because airplanes mean travel. And I sure do love to travel. I've posted on the subject of travel 31 times (including this post). I've got that wanderlust gene. What can I say? You get on a plane, sleep, read, and get off in a totally different place only hours later. A brand new adventure! I must say, that I've been lucky enough to go on many adventures... just look at the list of airports I've flown in and out of.

I was thinking today about all the knowledge and skill a pilot must have to keep us safe in the air. Smart dudes. Maybe I'll marry a pilot. Know any?

So my last airplane adventure? October to Washington, D.C. for fun with KDJ. Next airplane adventure? Southern California for Christmas with the family. Like I said, I like to travel. And I'm truly thankful for the opportunities I've had to go so many places. Thank you frequent flier miles. Thank you lovely benefactors.

1 comment:

That one guy... said...

Hey you! I'm very grateful for your posts, even though I haven't been able to read them lately!