Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Mental Flexibility Test.

I received this test a loooong time ago from a friend. It kept me busy for a bit, so I thought I'd pass it along. It's is a test to gauge your mental flexibility and creativity. In the years since it was developed, it has been said that few people could solve more than half in the first day. Many reported getting answers long after the test had been set aside, at unexpected moments when their minds were relaxed.

Example: 16 = O in a P
Answer: 16 Ounces in a Pound

  1. 26 = L of the A
  2. 7 = D of the W
  3. 1001 = A N
  4. 12 = S of the Z
  5. 54 = C in a D (with J)
  6. 9 = P in the S S
  7. 88 = PK
  8. 13 = S on the A F
  9. 32 = D F at which W F
  10. 18 = H on a G C
  11. 90 = D in a R A
  12. 200 = D for P G in M
  13. 8 = S on a SS
  14. 3 = B M (S H T R)
  15. 4 = Q in a G
  16. 24 = H in a D
  17. 1 = W in a U
  18. 5 = D in a Z C
  19. 57 = HV
  20. 11 = P on a F T
  21. 1000 = W that a P is W
  22. 29 = D in F in a L Y
  23. 64 = S on a C B
  24. 40 = D and N of the G F
  25. 76 = T in the B P
  26. 50 = W to L Y L
  27. 99 = B of B on the W
  28. 60 = S in a M
  29. 1 = H on a U
  30. 9 = J on the S C
  31. 7 = B for S B
  32. 21 = D on a D
  33. 7 = W of the A W
  34. 15 = M on a D M C

Tell me how you do! I'll put the answers up in a few days.

5 comments:

by Kimberlee St. Clair said...

OUCH! I'm not good at that thing....awful actually.....

I want to know how you did? And how long it took?

eclaires said...

Give it some time... Come back to the list in a day or two and I bet you'll get a few more.

Sherine said...

Oh I love these kinds of things:)

Andrea, Mrs. said...

I've got most of them myself, then I had Mark help me with some. Now we have only six left. Actually, probably five. I think I got one.

I've seen something like this before--but the clues are vastly different than the one I've seen. Mark said he's seen four or five of these before--and they've all been different too.

Camille said...

I'm glad this test isn't used as a hiring tool for work - or determine job stability.... or does it? (notice the time I'm leaving this comment)
I must be pretty narrow-minded. I got the first three just fine but I ended up skimming through the rest and now they just look like scrambled words to me!