Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Calling all blog stalkers!

So this is a post to all of you blog stalkers out there, who don't really know me, but read anyway. Oh come on, we've all done it... navigated to a blog that we found interesting and bookmarked it and then return again and again to keep up with the... Joneses? :) Have you not? Blog stalking is common; it's not a crime. So go ahead and admit it. I know there are at least a couple of you because you've commented, which by the way, I love... so thanks! There's just something thrilling about knowing that someone out there finds you and your life interesting enough to follow on a fairly regular basis.

About four or five months ago, I put up a poll on the right side of my blog which asked you (my faithful readers) to tell me how you know me. I did this because, though much to my despair, many of you read but never comment. As a joke, to the question "How do you know me?", I added an option to answer: "I don't." Interestingly enough, I had a few votes. However, as I've added more and more gadgets to the right side of my blog, the poll has found its way to the very bottom... I don't think people see it much anymore. Either that or I've capped out on my audience. Hmph...

SO, this is what I'm doing. I've put up a new poll (thank you blogger) and we're starting over. Even if you are a frequent reader/commentator and not a blog stalker, please take a second to vote in the poll and view the results. I'm going to conduct this little experiment until the end of October, although I may still keep the poll up after that... but make sure you vote before the end of the month.

And my dear blog stalkers, I'm not scolding you... I'm just asking you to come out of the woodwork, just slightly. :) Just vote. Do it for me. Please? Then you can go back to stalking. Oh, but if you're feeling brave, do something wild and ... comment. :)

5 comments:

Camille said...

Hi. My name is Camille and I'm a blog stalker.
At least I don't call dozens of random people throughout the day from my cell phone and not say anything.... :)

Anonymous said...

I'm M, but I don't have a blog. Does that make me a blog stalker?

That one guy... said...

I guess I could comment, but that would require effort, and you know, I'm just a lazy commitment fearing guy.

Amber Lynae said...

Hello, I wouldn't consider myself a blog stalker, just a person without much to do at 1 in the morning. I was reading a blog of a friend that you had commented on and decided to learn more about his friends. So I started reading your blog. I found the stalker post intersting and read more. lol So now I know more about you. I could and should just go to sleep but that requires me putting my laptop away. And let's face it, I'm not going to do that for a while.

Anonymous said...

well I have never been called a stalker b4, I prefer the the term "concerned Internet blog content associate." I really do enjoy reading your posts, I am a friend of Jared St Clairs (from Mt Vernon), so maybe I can say I am related--if we stretch the meaning a bit. But keep up the good posts, I really enjoy reading each day. And perhaps someday I can meet a woman as rounded (I mean that in a good sense!) as you.

ingat kaibigan!