Sunday, July 03, 2011

Random Photo: Penny Backs.

"Money often costs too much."
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

So how often do you actually look at the coins in your wallet? I mean, I'm sure all of us paid fairly close attention to quarters when all the "state quarters" were coming out. (Has that finished?) And maybe we even noticed when nickels started having a different picture of America's third president, Mr. Jefferson. (That happened a couple of times recently, once in 2005 and again, a change in 2006.) But really, when was the last time you ever looked at your pennies?


Did you know there have been so many different reverse sides to the American penny in the last few years? I sure didn't.

Oh, and I just checked out the U.S. Mint website and apparently they have completed the "State Quarters" series and are now minting 56 different quarters which will depict scenes from national parks and such, as part of the "America the Beautiful Quarters" program. Guess I need to start looking at my quarters again.
.
.
.
.

No comments: