Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Couch-to-5k: W1D2 and W1D3

"The greatest pleasure in life, is doing the things people say we cannot do."
~Walter Bagehot


Okay, so I won't post about every single one of my days in the running plan, but I just have to share how excited I was when on Monday morning I randomly woke up at 5:15am and was WIDE awake. At first I was a little frustrated that I woke up before my alarm (well before my alarm), but then I realized that maybe God was giving me a chance to get up and run! So I got up and completed Day 2 of my first week.

What a beautiful morning! Though I usually bring my camera with me on my walks, I've decided it's way too much to carry when I'm running, so I don't have any pictures to share. But trust me, it was a gorgeous morning. I was really the only runner/walker/pedestrian I saw that morning and having the sidewalks and the park to myself with the cool breeze of the morning air was really something else. I think I might try to do most of my running in the morning. Seriously so pleasant.

For a non-morning person who has never been a runner, I'm just going to say I'm pretty proud of myself. Who says I'm not a morning person? Who says I'm not a runner?

My calves and shins were a little sore after Day 1 and slightly after Day 2. But most of that has been alleviated. Tonight, I completed Day 3 and the sunset was absolutely beautiful The weather was certainly hotter than the ideal temperature of Day 2's run, so I think I'm going to try my best to do a lot more morning runs and do my walks in the evenings.

Anyway, just some ramblings here.
.
.
.
.

2 comments:

Sharona said...

I'm so excited for your training! For the record, I am totally not a morning person. I run way better after 12pm. But, every once in a while I don't find it so bad either. I also like running in a gym because the temperature outside becomes irrelevant, but the view is also much less amazing. PS -- I am dying to hear about all your happenings and how things are going. It sounds like your changing lots of things up.

by Kimberlee St. Clair said...

So awesome. I am so jealous that you are well on your way. I keep starting and stopping. I get sick, too tired, ect. etc... You motivate me!