Wednesday, February 02, 2011

It's cooooold out there today.

"Okay, campers, rise and shine, and don't forget your booties 'cause it's cooooold out there today.
That's right, woodchuck-chuckers -- It's...GROUNDHOG DAY!"

~Radio DJ from the film Groundhog Day

Today (well, yesterday, now), each time I went outside (from car to building and building to car, repeat eight times ... gosh it's been a long day...), so yeah, each time I went outside, I literally thought my face was going to freeze and break. Like freeze frozen solid. It hurt. My face hurt. My ears hurt. My eyes watered. And my poor hands couldn't move well for many many minutes after arriving indoors. Bitter, bitter cold. And the wind? The wind was a little unfair today. The whole "feels like -15°F" is a little hard to get used to.


So as you may recall, Groundhog Day is one of my favorite non-holiday holidays. It's a yearly tradition of mine to watch the film Groundhog Day starring Bill Murray. I have to say that movie never tires. At least not if you watch it once a year. My friend Brian came over bearing gifts (movie popcorn) and joined in on the tradition. I think he's been here every year on Groundhog Day since I started this tradition five years ago.

We ended the night with frozen yogurt... in honor of the freezing weather. I got my regular: original tart topped with strawberries, coconut, and a few white chocolate chips. Oh and for fun, I added a dollop of pomegranate/raspberry yogurt. Brian created a new favorite: carbonated black cherry with a little bit of vanilla topped with strawberries, blueberries, and granola.

Love Groundhog Day!
.
.
.
.

No comments: