Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Grandpa Herm's 90th.

"You don't really understand human nature unless you know why a child on a merry-go-round will wave at his parents every time around - and why his parents will always wave back."
~William D. Tammeus quotes

The Birthday Boy
The Birthday Boy's True Colors

I have much to catch up on and I know most of you are expecting a blog post about my graduation, but first, I'm going back to January...

Back in January, my Dad's side of the family got together in Las Vegas to celebrate my Grandpa's 90th birthday. Not only is it amazing that he's 90 (and healthy), but the whole family got together! We were only missing one cousin out of 12. Most of the family stayed in the same hotel, which made it really fun to get up and go to breakfast, not to mention just really easy to hang out with everyone. Unfortunately, we never got a group picture, so I guess we'll have to do it again sometime soon. :)

Happy 90th birthday, Grandpa Herm!

Here are a few pictures to document the celebration and the trip.

Happy 90th, Grandpa!

Marina (w/cousin, Taylor), me (w/cousin, Morgan), the Birthday Boy, Shep, and Dad

ForrestSmithChildren

Aunt Sis, Dad, Uncle Rod, and Grandpa Herm

Just relaxing with two of the cutest girls on this planet (Morgan and Taylor)

Forrest with his children

Viva Las Vegas!

Family dinner before Beatles Love at The Mirage

ForrestSmithChildren at Beatles Love

Beatles Love walkway

Just posing

.
.
.
.

No comments: