Friday, December 24, 2010

Happy Christmas Eve!

"Even as an adult I find it difficult to sleep on Christmas Eve.
Yuletide excitement is a potent caffeine, no matter your age."
~Carrie Latet

Photo found here.

Happy Christmas Eve! We aren't going to have a white Christmas. I'm kind of sad about that. I like when Mother Nature dumps a ton of snow when I can just stay cozy and snuggled up inside. Oh well. I think some might be coming on Sunday. Fifty percent chance, they say. But really... are they ever right? Remember how a blizzard was coming? And then remember how it never came? Yeah...

I've spent the day sleeping in (until 8:15am), picking up a few last minute gifts before the crowds, getting my car washed (wahoo!), wrapping, and watching Anne of Green Gables (actually, Anne of Avonlea, since I finshed Anne of Green Gables yesterday). I can't believe how much time I have on my hands not worrying about writing any papers. I may even get to read a book or three in the next week or so. :)

When I got home from work yesterday, I was just wiped out, so I took a shower and put my hair back in braids. Maybe it was because of Anne, or maybe it was because I'd gotten used to my hair out of my eyes when I was sick (braids are a must when you're stuck in bed sick), or maybe it's just that I wanted to take advantage of the fact that my hair is getting really long, longer than its been in awhile. Whatever the reason, those braids have stayed with me today, even on my shopping trips. Christmas braids.

Not much of an appetite has returned yet. Still staying alive on chicken broth and saltines, with a few added things here and there. I'm a little nervous to reintroduce foods, since when I did earlier this week my system was definitely not happy with me. Hopefully, I'll be ready to eat some ham tomorrow night because that's what Mom's making. I requested it. Merry Christmas ham to me.

I love you all and hope you are having a pleasant Christmas Eve and that tomorrow will be even more relaxing. Take time to just sit and read, recline, and relax. I will be! And if you're feeling not so merry, try out some of my Operation Christmas Cheer tricks. And if that doesn't work, watch this kid (all the way to the end):


Merry Christmas!

Love,
me
.
.
.
.

No comments: