Thursday, September 23, 2010

Happy Day.

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,
but by the moments that take our breath away."

~Unknown

The feeding tube is gone!
The trach is gone!
Just a small bandage in its place.
Her voice is back and sounding great.
Oh, and she made cookies today!
Yes, cookies in the hospital.
The physical therapist asked her what she wanted to work on today.
This girl, as thoughtful as ever, said she wanted to try her hand at a batch of chocolate chip cookies... so she would have treats to offer her visitors!
Seriously, that woman... my goodness.
Well, my friends, Amber's back in business!

... and her cookies were delicious!
.
.
.
.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

:) I LOVE THAT GIRL !

Kare Bear said...

This just made my day! I am at work and crying. I am so glad she is doing so much better. Give her a hug and tell her I love her!!

Joe and AnnMarie said...

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah. Emery, I have been thinking about you everyday. Thank you so much for updating us so often. Please let Amber know that I have also been thinking of her and praying for her. I love you two so much and miss you. Might be home mid OCtober. Would love to see you.