Thursday, August 12, 2010

New Information on Amber.

*This post is an update in a series of posts on my friend Amber, who is currently in the hospital. You can read the earlier posts here.

**Also, the family has set up a blog to keep friends and family abreast of what's going on and also to help reduce the feeling of obligation to update everyone individually. Most of the posts will be duplicates of my posts on this blog.


Amber and I have always had a thing for clouds. So this is for her.

The results of the MRI/CT Scan today show that the infection in Amber's abdomen has spread to her liver. She now has a large abscess in her liver and also possibly behind her uterus. They have broadened her antibiotics to cover the infection in these areas and are calling in a surgeon to drain and remove the abscess, to get to the heart of the infection faster. They will leave her under longer to protect her body and allow it focus on healing. They also do not want to wake her up until they have this infection under control because they are worried about her having more seizures during this process. While this news sounds rather alarming, I'm hopeful that they have found the problem they were looking for and are able to really treat the root cause.

Directly from her family: "We need your prayers everyone, so keep praying. Please ask everyone to pray for her. We need to keep our faith strong and believe that God can and will work miracles. Please pass this information along to her family and friends."

Of course we're still praying. Every day. All of us. We're praying for Amber. For JP. For the kids. For the family. And also for the doctors.

Thank you SO much for your prayers, concern, and love. I'm sorry that I haven't been able to individually respond to everyone, but please know that your comments and notes are being passed on to Amber's family and will be available for her to read, herself, when she wakes up. She'll be overwhelmed at the love and concern you showed while she was sleeping.
.
.
.
.

5 comments:

Wardell Family said...

I knew Amber very well in hs, esp our Senior Year and in that small amount of time I learned so much from this talented and beautiful girl. She is amazing and like you have said, she is strong and faithful and will be ok. I am sorry she and her family have had to go through something so frightening! She will be in my prayers every minute. Please send her my love.
-Amber Eastman Wardell

Sharona said...

We'll be sure to keep her and her family in our prayers. I'm glad to hear there is some progress and some good news! I hope she gets better soon.

melody said...

I can't stop thinking and praying for Amber either. She serves as my second counselor in the Young Women Presidency and those girls NEED her. In the short time I've known her, I have learned so much through her Christ-like example and love. I know the young women have too.

Thank you for your sharing your hopeful thoughts and the updates. I will be checking daily.

Tara Binch said...

Please join me on a fast for Amber and her family this Saturday or Sunday.

Anonymous said...

To the Giles family,
We want you to know that we are praying for Amber to recover and to be the beautiful wife and Mom she has been to her family. We love you J.P., Amber, Jonathan, Michele, and rest of the family.
Sincerely, LaDonna and John Keller, and LaVon Yandle