Monday, May 19, 2008

8 things.

A few days ago, (okay so it was over a week ago) Sharona tagged me (she seems to do that a lot) to complete my lists of 8. So here you are...

8 things I am passionate about:
1. The Gospel of Jesus Christ
2. Being loyal to the people I love
3. Doing things the right way
4. Understanding why people do the things they do
5. Traveling
6. Learning
7. Clean underwear
8. My rice sticking together

8 books I have read recently (umm, and enjoyed):
1. Musicophilia by Oliver Sacks
2. Night by Elie Wiesel
3. Not Without My Daughter by Betty Mahmoody
4. The Hiding Place by Corrie ten Boom
5. The Carrot Seed by Ruth Krauss
6. In Cold Blood by Truman Capote
7. The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
8. Alicia by Alicia Appleman-Jurman

8 things I often say:
1. Perfect.
2. "I don't know nothin' 'bout birth and babies. (Think Mamie in Gone With the Wind)
3. That's funny.
4. "We know, don't we Mr. Merg? Indeed, we do." (Think Pollyanna)
5. Good-ness.
6. Let's play Facebook.
7. Are you driving or am I?
8. Terrible.

8 things I want to do before I die:
1. Travel more
2. Decorate my own home (that means I have to buy my own home, first)
3. Get married
4. Have babies and live to see them have their own babies
5. Go on another mission
6. Remain debt-free
7. Become fluent in a third language
8. Save the world

8 things I have learned this past year:
1. I've learned... that I am tougher than I thought.
2. I've learned... to enjoy working out.
3. I've learned... that eighteen hour bras come in handy when you're in for a long day.
4. I've learned... that men don't notice what we wear. (The entire women's group at Church wore something pink one Sunday in October in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month, and I mean every last woman... and not one man noticed. Even when prompted, it took several minutes for the two most perceptive of the bunch to come up with the observation.)
5. I've learned... that sometimes my brain gets full and begins to short circuit.
6. I've learned... that Miraclesuits really are miraculous!
7. I've learned... that Blackjack is just about as fun as making out.
8. I've learned... to like pineapple.

8 people I want to do the 8 things:
1. Kim
2. Sherine
3. Jared
4. Amiee
5. Becky
6. Andrea (and Mark)
7. Suzy (she likes being tagged, even though she never wants to post it on her blog)
8. Mikol (and Gerrit)

4 comments:

Sassmaster said...

I distinctly remember a time about 11 years ago when I went into the kitchen to find you crying. What was the matter? "My rice won't stick together," you replied. :)

by Kimberlee St. Clair said...

Ha ha...I hope that is me listed as #1. Or maybe, you know a lot of Kim's? And Jared's? So, I will respond in my next blog. I love and miss you.

Anonymous said...

dirty napies... well i dont like them too.. Vote for clean underwear....

Sherine said...

I totally remember your sticky rice.