Wednesday, May 07, 2008

"Isn't it nice not to have to talk to people..."

So, I've sort of been craving pizza this last week, which is a rather rare occurrence for me. I just don't eat pizza very often and, truthfully, I don't think I've ordered a pizza for delivery in over a year. But on Monday night, while Katie and I were having our family home evening time, I kept getting hungrier and hungrier and nothing I have in my cupboards sounded good to me. I finally realized that I was craving pizza. So I announced, "I'm ordering a pizza." I wasn't really convinced, but when lactose-intolerant-Katie said, "Can you get half of it without cheese?", it was all go for launch. Since we order pizza maybe once a year, I had no idea where to order from. Domino's? So I, sitting with my computer in my lap, decided to order online. Can you believe we can do that? Katie was excited, "I love that. Isn't it nice not to have to talk to people??" Hmmm, what does this say about us? Does it scream anti-social behavior to you? Maybe that's why we're not married. But seriously, it really made me laugh... Isn't it nice not to have to talk to people? Hmph.


By the way, the pizza hit the spot.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Mark hates that I would rather email than call someone on the phone. But, I prefer it if I can help it. I guess I'm messed up too.

Anonymous said...

Hey Smartie Pants, I like your "links'!

by Kimberlee St. Clair said...

Love this~ and I agree. Sometimes, it's nice to just be alone, uninterrupted. There are moments that I relish, even my few moments in the bathroom.....lol. But seriously, sometimes it's so nice. I miss you friend. Let's plan to do lunch soon. Maybe I can meet you in SLC for lunch sometime? Love ya!

Anonymous said...

A new Soul Food Joint opened up in the old Greco-Romana space on Clement and they have an internet ordering service that even allows you to set your preferred time of pick-up (yeah...no delivery. but pick up is almost as good especially since parking in that area is close to impossible). Fried Chicken, Mac And Cheese, and two corn muffins was the healthy option I chose! :) Hahahahaha...so delicious!