Sunday, February 24, 2019

My Top Twenty from the 2019 Academy Awards Red Carpet

“I can’t think of any better representation of beauty
than someone who is unafraid to be herself.”
~Emma Stone


I fully planned to pick ten favorites from tonight's red carpet at the Oscars, but even after paring down my initial pick, it turns out that I still ended up with twenty. So, in no particular order, here they are.

**All photos from oscar.go.com and vogue.com**


Adam Lambert made the list tonight because he caught my eye while in the audience. He was certainly decked out to be pretty. And the orchid boutonniere and those cuffs. Great look.




Allison Janney's black gown is classic with a twist. I would have liked it better if the neckline didn't go all the way down to her waist. A deep V neck looks great, but two or three inches higher would have been my preference.




Ashley Graham and her black gown get a vote from me simply because she can successfully walk in that mermaid skirt! Impressive.




As usual, Dame Helen Mirren looks wonderful. This pink gown with shades of coral, fuchsia, pink, and orange was a beautiful choice. And the flow of that skirt! Every little girl's dream of endless twirling.




Billy Porter is fierce in a bespoke Christian Siriano tuxedo gown. I love this surprise look.




David Oyelowo looks sharp in his velvet tux.




Jessica Oyelowo sparkles. And I loved seeing her extremely fair skin. I have extremely fair skin and usually tanned skin is seen as most desirable or beautiful, so seeing her milky white porcelain skin is fantastic!




Elisa Pagliese's gown reminded me of a push-pop. The blocks of color caught my eye and though it's probably not something I would choose for myself, it is fun.




Emma Stone's Louis Vuitton gown is unusual enough that it kept catching my eye.




Fatma Al Remaihi glows in this beautiful navy blue caped beaded gown.




Gemma Chan wowed in this high-neck tiered fuchsia gown by Valentino Couture. The tiers. The floral neck. And... pockets! And fuchsia! She looks great.




While not my favorite evening gown on Glenn Close, this gold caped gown is a good choice. I'm liking the trend of cape-dresses.




Henry Golding in Ralph Lauren. Love the white vest and tie.




Lady Gaga in a bespoke sculptured gown by Alexander McQueen. Take a look at those hips. I guess that's one way to hide or accentuate your hips. And that 128-carat Tiffany diamond necklace!




Marie Kondo is just delightful in this pink gown, reminiscent of a Japanese cherry blossom tree.




Marina de Tavira in another ruffly tiered skirt.




Octavia Spencer looks lovely in this navy blue gown. The sparkles make her look like a beautiful midnight sky.




Stephan James in red velvet. The shape of his bowtie. The red velvet. The sunburst lapel pin. The vest. Sharp with a twist.




Tina Fey in custom Vera Wang. love the brilliant blue.




Trevor Noah, in Salvatore Ferragamo, is simply handsome.





2 comments:

Mandy said...

good choices. yes for extra points for being able to walk in your dress. i liked j lo's dress it was dress equivalent of a disco ball.

eclaires said...

Mandy, J Lo's dress made my first cut, but when I decided I needed to pare down to only twenty, she got bumped. But yes, a total disco ball!