Monday, June 03, 2013

Cannes You Feel the Love?

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art."
~Oscar Wilde

The Cannes Film Festival ran from May 15th through the 26th, so I know I'm a little late in posting this. Many designers graced the red carpet (well their dresses did) and I just had to post a few so I'd remember them.

I was quite pleased, as my friend Sharon pointed out, that there seems to be a trend to cover up a little more emerging in the fashion world, where traditionally, the more skin you bare the better. I really like the more modest trend. I hope it continues. Generally speaking, I think most people look much better when they've covered a bit more skin.

Here are a few of my favorites.

Nicole Kidman, Cannes 2013
Photo found here

Rosario Dawson, Cannes 2013
Photo found here

Octavia Spencer, Cannes 2013
Photo found here

Nicole Kidman again, Cannes 2013
Photo found here

Sibylle Szaggers, wife of Robert Redford (who knew?), Cannes 2013
Photo found here

Lea Seydoux, Cannes 2013
Photo found here

Cheryl Cole, Cannes 2013
Photo found here

Beautiful designs, right? And I certainly love the lace overlay designs. I don't know all the designers of these gowns, so if you do... let me know and I'll update this post.

I love seeing the dresses from the red carpet. Having not the occasion to wear a floor length dress such as these since I was a senior in high school, I love combing through the photos to see which one I might choose, should the opportunity present itself. Every girl should dream just a bit, right? Which one is your favorite?
.
.
.
.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

<3. You have impeccable taste.