Sunday, June 27, 2010

Wish List: Skinny.

"Small rooms or dwellings discipline the mind, large ones weaken it."
~Leonardo Da Vinci

I'm a city dweller at heart and in San Francisco, I always lived in a flat or house that shared walls with both neighbors, so these skinny houses seem right up my alley. Also: less to clean, less to decorate, less storage. Hence, you would be forced to constantly remain de-cluttered of unimportant items. The impact on the environment would be far less, and in return so would your own utility bills. I would love to call one of these charming abodes (or one like it), home.

This one's in South Carolina:

This one is in Amsterdam:

Another in Amsterdam:

Also in Amsterdam (I'm seeing a trend here):

How about this one in Massachusetts:

Or the narrowest one in NYC:

Or this one in Virginia:

Or I could take off to Toronto (LOVE this one!):

Amsterdam Skinnies and South Carolina here
Massachusetts Skinny here
NYC House here
Spite House (Virginia) here
Tiny Toronto here
.
.
.
.
And you thought this whole post was going to be about losing weight...
.
.
.
.

1 comment:

Becky said...

While I am not a "city dweller" type I do think that row houses are incredibly charming.

I miss see you. When are you coming out to San Francisco next?