Sunday, July 19, 2009

Hallelujah, I have a tongue!

How often do you think about your tongue? I mean really... does it really ever cross your mind what an incredible invention it is? Sure, you taste with it and isn't that why we all eat, because it tastes good? Well, today I was thinking about how grateful I am for my tongue because I had some dental work done on Tuesday and it's still pretty painful on the right side of my mouth when I chew. So naturally, I have been chewing everything on the left side of my mouth. I'm able to do this because, yes you guessed it, my tongue keeps everything away from the painful side of my mouth. Now, if my tongue weren't there, that food would be able to freely move about my mouth causing me severe pain. So yes, I've been thinking of my tongue, and singing its praises. Hallelujah!


Photo found here.

No comments: