1. I fiddle with my thumb ring when I'm nervous.
2. I'm morbid. It's true. I speak freely of death. I even save messages from loved ones in case that's the last time I hear their voice. Also, I think it would be safe to say that I've spent hours thinking about what it would be like to be one of the people who was in the World Trade Center when the planes hit. Would I jump out of the building and face certain death or stay and be burned alive?
3. I hold water in my mouth for a few seconds before I actually swallow. If I don't, I tend to choke. I also frequently attempt to drink too much water from my glass causing it to dribble down my chin.
4. I make my bed every day and have since January 2003.
5. I'm known for turning nouns into verbs. For example: "We bonused at 10%!" or "We're sporting today." or "Let's calendar tonight." or "He friended me on Facebook!"
6. I frequently count light fixtures in a chapel or other large assembly hall.
7. I'm annoyed by drivers who do not signal when changing lanes.
8. I'm annoyed by drivers who do not know how to use the diamond (HOV) lane appropriately. They are a hazard on the road.
9. I can't say I'm never at fault, but the misuse of apostrophes causes me to lose hope in the world!
10. I absolutely love my birthday. I usually start celebrating weeks before and continue for a month afterward!
11. My favorite ice cream is Häagen-Dazs Vanilla.
12. I put regular old vaseline on my lips every night before bed.
13. I love word games.
14. My alarm clock is 25 minutes ahead all the time. When I try to switch it back, I get confused.
15. I have a freckle on the inside edge of my left middle finger.
16. I love lone trees.
17. I frequently cannot remember what month it is. And when I guess, I'm not just one month off... I'm usually in a totally different season!
18. I passionately dislike the word "crap".
19. I frequently cannot picture someone's face in my mind after I first meet them, even if I've spent hours talking to them.
20. I was burned when I was five when I ran into a lady carrying a tray full of freshly brewed coffee pots. Miraculously, I'm not blind and have no scars.
21. I get jealous. Mostly when someone is eating something that I'm not eating or someone has one more bite of something that I just finished. Also, I mimic people a lot, I think because I get jealous when they say something that sounded cool, so I have to try it too.
22. I have a group of freckles that form the letter "E" on my leg.
23. I have worn a toe ring for ten years.
24. I once rang in the New Year at 40,000 feet.
25. I collected business cards when I was younger.
26. I've spent four out of the last six 4ths of July out of the country.
27. I drive a stick-shift.
28. I've sung at the top of my lungs on a hotel balcony wearing only my bra and underwear.
29. I can sing the Shabbat prayer in Hebrew.
30. I have never watched The Princess Bride in its entirety.
31. My first freeway driving experience was on the 2 in Glendale, California.
32. I once made the trip from Las Vegas to Salt Lake City in four hours. (Mapquest's estimated trip time and distance: 6 hours 16 minutes; 428.98 miles.) I'll never make a trip like that again.
33. I've tap danced in Iowa.
34. I have held monkeys on the Rock of Gibraltar.
35. I like fresh mint tea.
36. I've been kissed by Mandy Patinkin aka Inigo Montoya. (And no, I still haven't watched The Princess Bride.)
37. I alphabetize everything.
38. I'm a list writer. When I don't have paper and a pen to write a list, I frequently commit the first letter of each item on the list to memory, so that I can recall the entire list.
39. I've met Marian and Vivian Brown, the San Francisco twins.
40. I smell everything.
41. I love clouds.
42. I don't shop at Wal-Mart because every single time I've been to Wal-Mart, I have witnessed a disturbing form of child abuse or neglect.
43. I love cheese.
44. Avocados cause my mouth to break out in welts, but I love them and eat them anyway.
45. I never had a cavity until I was 25. I was mortified when my cavity-free record was shattered; I cried.
46. I once left my month-long disposable contact lenses in for more than a year.
47. I've been swimming in the Vltava River, the Bay of Biscay, the Mediterranean Sea, the Baltic Sea, the Atlantic Ocean, and the Pacific Ocean.
48. I have sprained both ankles more times than I can count on both hands.
49. I never wear sandals or open-toed shoes of any kind unless my toenails are painted.
50. I used to coerce my little sister into being my synchronized swimming partner. We really should have made it to the Olympics with our talent! ;)