Sunday, November 29, 2015

Fort Point: A Thanksgiving Treat!

"Anyone who doesn't
have a great time in San Francisco
is pretty much dead to me."
~Anthony Bourdain


The San Francisco weekend continued to be very relaxing with mornings spent sleeping in, reading, and puttering around. On Friday, we ventured out to the Haight. Shep found a couple records at Amoeba and we did a bit of Christmas shopping for Marina and Emily at the sock shop.

After that Shep took me on a city drive, stopping for a late lunch of Gordo's burritos and fresh, warm gai mei baos from Lung Fun Bakery on Clement. Wow, those gai mei baos were the best I have had in years. Warm, sweet, and so fresh. We have a few good Chinese bakeries in Salt Lake, but their gai mei bao recipe is just different and not as good, in my opinion, probably because they come from a different region of China than most San Francisco Chinese.



We ended up at Fort Point, one of my favorite places, where we took a thousand pictures. My childhood memories are filled with time spent at Fort Point and every time I come, I have to make a visit and take pictures. Also, we were trying to get more pictures for the annual family calendars, so... let the picture dumping commence.

Lots of GG Bridge traffic impeded our path down to Fort Point.




























Is it one of your favorite places now too? There's something about the water, the wind, the view, the bridge, the red brick, the history, and the memories that combine together to make me love this place.




The rest of the weekend was spent eating kouign-amanns from B Patisserie, driving around the city, breakfast at Sabrina's (meeting her kids for the first time), watching Amazon Prime's The Man in the High Castle, and relaxing. Shep was a perfect host, chef, and driver, making this a great Thanksgiving weekend getaway for me!

No comments: