Monday, August 12, 2013

Bachelorette Withdrawal.

"Sometimes the most beautiful thing is precisely the one that comes unexpectedly and unearned,
hence something given truly as a present."
~Anna Freud

Chris Siegfried and Desiree Hartsock
Proposal in Antigua

I may or may not have hinted at my guilty pleasure prior to this post, but now I'm completely coming out with it. I love (hate) watching The Bachelorette and The Bachelor. My life is a little (a lot) unbearable right now, so I have to have some release and living vicariously through Des with the good and the bad, does the trick.

We just finished the season with Desiree and although she really was a bore at the beginning, I've grown to like her. This was certainly one of the more interesting Bach season finales in recent history. The last few episodes were tear-jerkers for me. Her breakup with Brooks just about killed me, since I've been blindsided by a breakup like that before. But in the end, she was able to calm down and open her eyes and see the man who had been there all along, Chris, and realize that he was the one.


Chris was a front runner for me from the beginning. He was friendly with everyone, appropriately engaged (disengaged) from the drama that ensued in the house, and he was steady. And generous. And calm. And artsy and sensitive. But fun and adventurous. And pretty darn tall-dark-and-handsome good looking to boot. I mean, he sounds perfect for me Des, right?

So on this Monday night, when you (I) may be going through a little withdrawal (although let's be honest, I watched it on a Monday only thrice. I always caught up several days later on Hulu.), here are a couple shots to remind you how wonderful that proposal was. And what a great couple. Dare I say, I actually think they'll make it? :)

Oh and take a look at this dress? She's a beautiful girl and this is just a stunning picture. Maybe I should keep this shot for a "Fashion Friday" post, but I'm not. Beautiful, right?


(The pictures were all found on a google search.)

By the way, if you're still interested, I'm still updating. Click here to find a list of past-dated posts.
.
.
.
.


No comments: